Columbia St. Mary's is Offering Free Prostate Cancer Screenings
Tuesday, September 03, 2002
Columbia St. Mary’s Prostate Cancer Program is providing FREE prostate cancer screenings during the week of September 23 at multiple locations throughout the community.
Don’t ignore the facts!
- In its early stages, prostate cancer has no symptoms
- One in six men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer during his lifetime
- African American men are twice as likely to develop prostate cancer
- Approximately 200,000 new cases will be diagnosed this year
- Prostate cancer accounts for 30% of all male cancers
- With early diagnosis prostate cancer is 90% curable
Are you at risk?
The American Cancer Society recommends annual prostate cancer screenings for:
- Men, age 50 and over
- African American men, age 40 and over
- Men with a family history of prostate cancer, age 40 and over
For more information, or to register, call (414) 963-WELL to select a location that is convenient for you.